- Fuel supply system (pellet hopper, flexible conveyor).
- Furnace with water-cooled grate, feed screw, and primary, secondary and tertiary air ventilators.
- Heat generation equipment: pressurised part of the water heating exhaust pipes boiler, boiler primary accessory, boiler surface cleaning (compressed air soot blower) equipment, boiler insulation and metal cladding.
- Ash removal system (chain conveyor).
- Combustion products cleaning system (multi-cyclone, flue gas pump and flue gas ducts).
- Automation and process control system.
Principle of operation: Straw bales are lifted onto the worktable of a crusher by forklift. The bales are moved from the fuel transfer table to the crusher, from where crushed straw is transported by means of a scraper conveyor to the screw conveyor, which transfers fuel into the feeder of the furnace. In order to reduce the boiler plant’s impact on the environment, a flue gas cleaning system – a multi-cyclone that cleans flue gas down to permitted solid particle concentrations – is used.
Straw is one of the more beneficial and efficient biofuel alternatives, the combustion of which requires specialised equipment. Straw-fired boiler plants utilise both straw bales and pellets, which enhances versatility.